Bhutan Power Corporation Ltd (BPC) celebrated its 14th Foundation Day on July 1, 2016 at Garpang, Bumthang with the theme “Rehabilitation of Mini & Micro Hydels”.
BPC though is in the business of distribution and transmission of electricity, BPC is also involved in the generation of electricity through Mini & Micro hydels and few DG sets. BPC has 19 mini and micero hydels or hydro plants across the country with combined production capacity of approximately 7.67 MW (Megawatt).
BPC has now embarked on a plan to revive most of these feasible small hydro plants and upgrade the same along with the state -of-art automation.
Glimpses of 14 BPC Day
- Offering of Mermey Tongchoe at Kurje Lhakhang
2. Reception of Chief Guest and other delegates from Bumthang Dzongkhag
3. Marchang Ceremony
4. Welcome address by MC, Speech by Managing Director
5. Book Launch
6. Awards and certificates
a) Best Division under Distribution & Customer Services Department (ESD) was awarded to Electricity Services Division, Samtse in recognition of their excellent team work in achieving their target and securing first position amongst the 19 ESDs.
b) Best Division under Transmission Department was awarded to Substation Maintenance Division, Dewathang in recognition of the services provided by its team in undertaking cost saving initiatives such as using internal manpower in constructing water tank for the Dewathang colony, resolving water scarcity problems, rrof paintings and renovation of the substation and control room
c) Best Support Department was awarded to Finance and Accounts Services in recognition of the efforts put in by its team in the areas of quality of services provided, time taken for service delivery and for rendering exemplary support to the employees of BPC
6 (a) Recognition & Reward for individual performance for 3 employeed
- Mr. Tshering Dorji, Jr. Engineer (B3) of Transmission Maintenance Division, Gelephu, TD in recognition of his excellence initiative in clearing and stocking of 220/132/66kV tower spare parts in proper sets, digitization od all documents/data for 220/132/66kV transmission line, replacing all the damaged sign plates along the 66kV Yurmoo-Bumthang line and maintaining excellent record of assets.
- Mr. Tashi Darjey, Driver III (D1) of Regioanl Stores Division, Phuntsholing, PSD in recognition of his exceptional knowledge in R&M of vehicles leading to cost saving to the company and for his impeccable work ethics.
- Mr. Buwan Shing Limbu, Helper II (D5) of ESD, Thimphu, DCSD in recognition of his exceptional expertise in installing, testing and commissioning of Unitised Substation (USS) and Ring main Unit (RMU, skills in wielsing and cable jointing of UG & OH up to 33kV and his impeccable work ethics.
6(b) Recognition Award for 5 Employees
- Mr. Chejay Wangdim Divisional Manager (A3), ESD, Punakha, DCSD in recognition of his exceptional contribution in operating his division to its fullest potential and consistent outstanding performance.
- Mr. Tandin Gyeltshen, Sr. Engineer (A3), SMD, Semtokha, TD in recognition of his dedicated and outstanding contribution and team support in successfully shifting the 8 MVA from Paro Substation to Watsa substation,5 MVA from Watsa to Lobeysa and also installed, tested and commissioned the substation in time.
- Mr. Nidup Dorji, Associate Engineer (B2), ESD, Thimphu, DCSD in recognition of his significant and exceptional service in successfully illuminating Changangkha Lhakhang to commemorate the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo and foe his outstaning team support in technical fields related to the O&M unit.
- Mr. Sonam Dorji, Lineman II (C2), TLMSD, Tsimalhakha, TD in recognition of his exceptional knowledge and contribution in interpreting transmission line drawings and construction of transmission line covering classification of tower foundations, stringing and erection.
- Mr. Ugyen Dorji, Driver III (D1), TMD, Gelephu, TD in recognition of his initiatives and contributions to the work performed outside his normal duties and responsibilities.
6(c) Management Appreciation Award for 5 employees
- Mr. Sonam Tobgay, Sr. Manager (A2), SMD, TD in recognition of his exceptional contribution in running his division to its fullest potential, consistent outstanding performance and successfully leading the team of shifting the 8 MVA from Paro substation to Watsa substation, 5 MVA from Watda to Lobeysa and also installed, tested and commissioned the substation in time.
- Mr. Sonam Pelden Tshewang, Sr. Engineer (A3), ESD, Thimphu, DCSD in recognition of his initiatives and contributions for the work performend outside of his normal duties and responsibilities.
- Mr. Pempa Tshering, Manager (A3), PIAD, HRAS in recognition of his outstanding contribution in fulfilling Compnay’s HR policies of employee care and development.
- Mr. Nidup Dorji, Associate Engineer (B2), ESD, Thimphu, DCSD in recognition of his exceptional service in successfully illuminating Changangkha Lhakhag to commemorate the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the Fourht Druk Gyalpo.
- Ms. Radha Chettri, Accountatn I (B4), FAS in recognition of her initiatives, contributions and impeccable work ethics delivering efficient service to the department.
6(d) Mementos for 9 superannuated employees
- Mr. Jorilal Darjee, who has served 36 yrs and 6 months of services as electricial II & III in erstwhile DOP, 400 kV Punatshangchhu Office in Lobeysa.
- Mr. Tshering Dukpa, who has served 36 yrs and 3 months of services as supervisor I & II in erstwhile DOP, ESD Tsirang and ESD Samdrup Jongkhar.
- Mr. Sanga, who has served for 35 yrs and 1 month as technician, supervisor I & II in ESD Wangdi, ESD Bumthang and ESD Lhuntse.
- Mr. Tandin Dorji, who has served 24 yrs and 1 month as Security Guard, Security cum Fire Guard and SFG II in West Transmission Division, Tsimalakha, SMD, Phuentsholing and SMD Semtokha.
- Mr. Tshewang Penjor, who has served 23 yrs and 9 months as operator, power plant operator and switch board operator III in ESD Trashigang, ESD Wangdi and ESD Bumthang.
- Mr. Tandin, who has served 21 yrs and 9 months as a Lineman IV, electrician IV and III in ESD P/ling and ESSD Tsimalahka.
- Mr. Sangay, who has served 16 yrs and 2 months as a Security cum Fire Guard III in SMD Dewathang, TMD Namgkhor and CMTD, Begana.
- Mr. Tshering Wangdi, who has served 14 yrs and 6 months as a Security cum Fire Guard III in SMD, P/ling, TMD Gelephu and SMD Jigmeling.
- Mr. Dorji, who has served as a contract employee previously and later as regular employee, served 5 yrs and 10 months as a Helper III in ESD Trashigang.