Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPC) is pleased to invite sealed bids in two parts (Single Stage Two Envelope System – Technical & Financial) from eligible contractors for the turnkey package for supply, construction, testing and commissioning of 132 kV double circuit transmission line from Nikachhu Pothead Yard to Mangdechhu Pothead Yard (approximately 18.6 km) as defined in the bidding document (hereinafter referred to as the Works). The tender is open to contractors who fulfill the qualification criteria set out in the tender documents.
- The scope of work in brief includes detail survey of the line route, check survey, preparation of tower schedule and line profile, soil investigation, manufacture & supply of Steel Towers in line with the design / drawing provided by the Employer, other line materials, transportation to site, insurance, storage, erection, stringing and testing & commissioning of transmission lines as specified above. The scope of work shall also cover associated civil works including clearing of Right of Way, benching, tower foundations, retaining & breast wall, etc.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by contractors or their representatives on submission of a written application to the address given below upon payment of non-refundable fee of Nu. 25,000/- (twenty five thousand) only, in cash or in the form of a demand draft in favour of the “Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu, Bhutan” payable at Bank of Bhutan, Thimphu on all working days between 1000 hours and 1600 hours. The tender will be available for sale from September 15, 2016 to October 6, 2016.
- BPC shall not be responsible for loss of documents or delay in dispatch through post. Further, the issuance of documents shall not construe automatic qualification of the Bidders.
- The bidding document may also be downloaded from BPC’s website at www.bpc.bt. However, the interested bidders shall intimate BPC at the address given below of its intent to bid for the works and arrange to make payments for the bidding documents on or before October 6, 2016. It shall be noted that in case of any discrepancy between the web copy and the hard copy sold by BPC, the provisions of the latter shall govern.
- All Bids must be accompanied by bid security of Nu. 4 million in the form of Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee in the prescribed proforma given in the bidding documents. All bids must be in Bhutanese Ngultrum only.
- Sealed Bids complete in all respects along with the duly signed Integrity Pact shall be submitted to the address given below up to 1500 hours on November 17, 2016 and the Technical Bids shall be opened on the same day at 1600 hours in the Conference Hall of BPC Head Office, Thimphu, Bhutan in presence of Bidders or their authorised representatives who choose to attend.
- Before submission of the bid, bidders are required to make themselves fully conversant with the complete bid specifications and also visit the Project Sites. Towards this, a joint site visit of all interested bidders is scheduled on October 18, 2016 and following the site visit, a pre-bid meeting on October 20, 2016 will be held at BPC Head Office, Thimphu, Bhutan.
- BPC reserves the right to annul the Bids without assigning any reason.
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
|The General Manager, Transmission Construction Department, Transmission Services, PO Box No. 580, Bhutan Power Corporation Ltd., Thimphu : Bhutan.
Telephone : +975-2-3 325095 (Extn: 200 / 208); Facsimile: +975-2-331218 ; email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com