BPC became corporate member of IAIA in 2016 and have renewed the membership for another one year starting May 2018.
As a corporate member, BPC’s benefits includes:
- Establish our organization as a leader in social and environmental responsibility.
- Connect with potential customers through IAIA’s network, and its 700+ participants at IAIA’s annual conferences.
- Stay current in the latest international news and developments in Impact Assessment (IA), and receive the IAIA journal – the widely acclaimed international journal of IAIA.
- Learn how IA as practiced around the globe can benefit you in the work you do and how you can contribute to improved global IA practices.
- Access outstanding training available on IA techniques at both the IAIA annual conferences and through customized in-house opportunities.
- Raise the profile of our company’s IA activities.
- Show our company’s leadership in applying IA.
Impact assessment, simply defined, is the process of identifying the future consequences of a current or proposed action. IAIA is the International Association for Impact Assessment, the leading global network on best practice in the use of impact assessment for informed decision making regarding policies, programs, plans and projects. IAIA was organized in 1980 to bring together researchers, practitioners, and users of various types of impact assessment from all parts of the world. IAIA involves people from many disciplines and professions. IAIA members include corporate planners and managers, public interest advocates, government planners and administrators, private consultants and policy analysts, university and college teachers and their students.
IAIA activities seek to;
- Develop approaches and practices for comprehensive and integrated impact assessment,
- Improve assessment procedures and methods for practical application,
- Promote training of impact assessment and public understanding of the field,
- Provide professional quality assurance by peer review and other means, and
- Share information networks, timely publications, and professional meetings.
IAIA members number more than 1,700 and represent over 120 countries.