Notice Inviting Tender
Posted on Jun 20, 2012 in Tender
1. Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPC) has been entrusted to construct two nos. 400 kV Double Circuit Transmission Lines (approx. 80 km each) from Pothead Yard of Mangdechhu Hydro Electric Plant (MHEP) in Trongsa to Jigmeling in Gelephu (via Goling) under the Government of India Assistance of MHEP. BPC is pleased to invite sealed bids in two parts (Single Stage Two Envelop System – Technical & Financial) from eligible Bhutanese and Indian Contractors for the supply, construction, testing and commissioning of the above transmission lines. The tender is open to contractors that fulfill the qualification criteria set out in the tender documents.
2. The scope of work in brief includes detail survey, check survey, preparation of tower schedule and line profile, soil investigation, manufacture & supply of Steel Towers in line with the design provided by the Employer and other line materials, transportation to site, insurance, storage, erection, stringing and testing & commissioning of the transmission lines as specified above. The scope of work shall also cover associated civil works including clearing of Right of Way, benching, tower foundations, retaining & breast walls, etc.
3. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased on all working days between 0900 hours and 1730 hours from 21st June to 19th July 2012 by the Bidder(s) or their representatives on submission of a written application to BPC at the address given below upon payment of non-refundable fee of Nu./Rs. 100,000/- (one hundred thousand) only, in cash or in the form of a demand draft in favour of the “Chief Finance Officer, Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu, Bhutan”, payable at Thimphu, Bhutan. BPC shall not be responsible for loss of documents or delay in dispatch through post. Further, the issuance of documents shall not construe automatic qualification of Bidders.
4. The bidding document may also be downloaded from below. However, the interested bidders shall intimate BPC at the address given below of its intent to bid for the works and arrange to make payments for the bidding documents on or before 19th July 2012. It shall be noted that in case of any discrepancy between the web copy and the hard copy sold by BPC, the provisions of the latter shall govern.
5. All Bids must be accompanied by Bid Security of Nu./Rs. 100,000,000 (one hundred million) only in the form of Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee in the prescribed proforma given in the Bidding documents. All bids must be in Bhutanese Ngultrum or Indian Rupees only. All bidders will be required to sign the Integrity Pact provided in the Bidding Document.
6. Sealed Bids complete in all respects along with the duly signed Integrity Pact may be submitted to Director, Transmission Wing, Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu up to 1500 hours on 23rd August 2012 and the Technical Bids shall be opened on the same day at 1600 hours in the Conference Hall of BPC, Thimphu, Bhutan in the presence of the Bidders or their authorised representatives who choose to attend.
7. Before submission of the bid, bidders are required to make themselves fully conversant with the complete bid specifications and also visit the Project Sites. Towards this, a joint site visit of all interested bidders is scheduled from 20th to 23rd July 2012, and following the site visit, a pre-bid conference on 26th July 2012 will be held at Thimphu, Bhutan.
8. BPC reserves the right to cancel/withdraw/annul the bidding process without assigning any reason and shall bear no liability whatsoever consequent upon such a decision.
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
PO Box No. 580,
Bhutan Power Corporation Ltd.,
Thimphu : Bhutan
Telephone : 00975-2-333582 (direct)/ 325095 (Extn: 222)
The Chief Engineer (Hydro),
76-C, Institutional Area, Sector-18, Gurgaon- 1220105 (Haryana), India.
Telephone : 0091-124-2349416
Facsimile : 0091-124-2349184/187
e-mail : email@example.com