Notice Inviting Tender
Posted on Jul 24, 2012 in Tender
- Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPC) intends to construct a 220/66/33 kV substation at Samtse and carry out 66 kV Bay Extension at existing substation in Gomtu.
- BPC is pleased to invite sealed bids in two parts (Single Stage Two Envelop System – Technical & Financial) from eligible contractors for the design, supply, construction, testing and commissioning of the above works. The tender is open to contractors that fulfill the qualification criteria set out in the tender documents.
- The scope of work in brief includes design, engineering, manufacture, supply, transportation to site, insurance, storage, erection, testing and commissioning of substation at Samtse and bay extension at Gomtu. The scope of work shall also cover associated civil works, including design, construction of outdoor equipment foundations, gantry structures, cable trenches, earth mat, switchyard fencing, retaining wall, construction of control building etc. except the supply of 220/66 kV transformers. The above said scope of the work is only indicative. For details refer to Bidding Documents.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased on all working days between 0900 hours and 1730 hours from 24th July 2012 to 20th August 2012 by the Bidder(s) or their representatives on submission of a written application to the address given below upon payment of non-refundable fee of Nu. 30,000 (thirty thousand) only, in cash or in the form of a demand draft in favour of the “Chief Finance Officer, Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu, Bhutan” payable at Thimphu, Bhutan. BPC shall not be responsible for loss of documents or delay in dispatch through post. Further, the issuance of documents shall not construe automatic qualification of Bidders.
- The bidding document may also be downloaded from below. However, the interested bidders shall intimate BPC at the address given below of its intent to bid for the works and arrange to make payment for the bidding documents on or before 20th August 2012. It shall be noted that in case of any discrepancy between the web copy and the hard copy sold by BPC, the provisions of the latter shall govern.
- All Bids must be accompanied by Bid Security of Nu. 6 (six) million only in the form of Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee in the prescribed proforma given in the Bidding documents. All bids must be in Bhutanese Ngultrum only.
- Sealed Bids complete in all respects along with the duly signed Integrity Pact may be submitted to the address given below up to 1500 hours on 4th October 2012 and the Technical Bids shall be opened on the same day at 1600 hours in the Conference Hall of BPC, Thimphu in the presence of the Bidders or their authorized representatives who choose to attend.
- Before submission of the bid, bidders are required to make themselves fully conversant with the complete bid specifications and also visit the Project Sites so that no ambiguity arises at a later date in this respect. Towards this, a joint site visit for all interested bidders is scheduled on 28th August 2012, and following the site visit, a pre-bid conference on 30th August 2012 will be held at Thimphu, Bhutan.
- BPC reserves the right to cancel/withdraw/annul the bidding process without assigning any reason and shall bear no liability whatsoever consequent upon such a decision.
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
PO Box No. 580,
Bhutan Power Corporation Ltd.,
Thimphu : Bhutan
Telephone : 00975-2-333582 (direct) / 325095 (Extn: 222)