Infocomm Services Division (ICSD)
FIBER NETWORK COVERAGE- EXISTING & PLANNED
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INFOCOMM SERVICES DIVISION
A. Lease of Dark Fibers.
- Establish proper system and procedures for leasing Optical fibers.
- Planning and implementation of additional optical fiber network and related services.
- Eastern grid ground wire replacement project.
- Exploring options of ADSS/OPGW to reach ICT backbone infrastructure.
- Operation and maintenance of existing fiber network.
- Marketing of fibers to potential customers.
- Billing of customers.
- Coordinate with D&CD in setting up the specifications for OPGW and related equipments for tendering, evaluation, monitoring and implementation.
B. Lease of bandwidth service.
- Establish proper system and procedures for leasing Bandwidth.
- Planning and implementation of Bandwidth services.
- Lighting up the dark fibers between Thimphu and Phuentsholing.
- Phase wise expansion of Bandwidth services.
- Explore other possibilities of utilizing bandwidth through value added services (VAS) as permissible by ICT facility license.
- Operation and maintenance of Bandwidth equipments.
- Marketing of Bandwidth services to potential customers.
- Quarterly billing of customers.
C. Licensee obligations
- Maintain separate accounts.
- Submit annual audited reports to BICMA.
- Contribution to license fee and Universal Service Fund.
D. Services to BPC
- Coordination with the NLDC project team for Substation connectivity
- Coordination with ITD for providing connectivity for ERP
- Setting up internal voice & data communication for BPC offices all around the country.
Manager: Namgay Wangchuk,
Senior Engineer: Ugyen Tshering,
Engineer: Druptho Wangchuk.
Phone: (975) (2) 325095, Extn: 250, Fax: (975) (2) 326141