Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPC) is pleased to invite Single Stage Single Envelope sealed bids from eligible contractors for the supply of towers and erection, testing and commissioning of one no. 220 kV Double Circuit Transmission line from Pothead Yard of Chukkha Power House in Chukkha to upcoming substation at Jamjee, Thimphu (approximately 35 km) as defined in this bidding document (hereinafter referred to as the Works) under BPC financing.
The tender is open to contractors who fulfill the qualification criteria set out in the tender documents. The followings are the details and some of the requirements:
- The scope of work in brief includes check survey, soil investigation, manufacture & supply of Steel Towers in line with the drawings provided by the Employer, transportation to site, insurance, storage, erecting, stringing, and testing & commissioning of the 220kV double circuit transmission line as specified above. The scope of work shall also cover associated civil works including clearing of Right of Way, benching, tower foundations, retaining & breast wall, etc. The conductor, OPGW, Long rod polymer insulator, hardware fittings, etc. shall be issued to the successful contractor at Phuentsholing by BPC for loading and transportation to site and installation.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by Bidder(s) or their representatives on submission of a written application to the address given below upon payment of non-refundable fee of Nu. 30,000/- (thirty thousand), in cash or in the form of a demand draft in favour of the “Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu, Bhutan”, payable at Bank of Bhutan, Thimphu on all working days from January 7, 2022 to February 8, 2022.
BPC shall not be responsible for loss of documents or delay in dispatch through post. Further, the issuance of documents shall not construe automatic qualification of Bidders.
- The bidding document may also be downloaded from the BPC’s website: www.bpc.bt. However, the interested bidders shall intimate BPC at the address given below of its intent to bid for the works and arrange to register by making payment of Nu. 9,000/- (nine thousand) on or before 1500 Hrs., February 8, 2022. It shall be noted that in case of any discrepancy between the web copy and the hard copy sold by BPC, the provisions of the latter shall govern.
- All Bids must be accompanied by Bid Security of Nu. 7,000,000 (seven million) in the form of Bank Draft or Bank Guarantee in the prescribed proforma given in the Bidding documents. All bids must be in Bhutanese Ngultrum only. All bidders will be required to sign and submit the Integrity Pact provided in the Bidding Document.
- Sealed Bids complete in all respects along with the duly signed Integrity Pact may be submitted to address of communication up to 1500 hours on February 8, 2022 and the Bids shall be opened on the same day at 1600 hours in the Conference Hall of BPC Head Office, Thimphu, Bhutan in the presence of the Bidders or their authorised representatives who choose to attend.
- Before submission of the bid, bidders are required to make themselves fully conversant with the complete bid specifications and also visit the Project Sites. Towards this, a joint site visit of all interested bidders is scheduled on January 23, 2022, and following the site visit, a pre-bid conference on January 24, 2022 will be held at Thimphu, Bhutan.
- Address for Communication: The General Manager, Transmission Construction Department, Transmission Services, Bhutan Power Corporation Ltd., Thimphu, Bhutan. Telephone : 00975-2-330176/322046 (direct); e-mail: email@example.com; www.bpc.bt
- BPC reserves the right to reject or accept the Bids or annul bidding process without assigning any reason, .